Jon Favreay’s “Jungle Book” looks to add Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong’o to it’s jungle backdrop.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, “12 Years A Slave” scene-stealer Nyong’o has been asked to voice Rakcha, a mother wolf who adopts Mowgli, while “Avengers” siren Johansson would voice the character of the python Kaa.
Idris Elba plays the other villain in the film, Shere Khan, the man-eating tiger.
Mowgli hasn’t been cast yet in the CGI/Live-action hybrid.
Justin Marks wrote the script for the picture, due October 9, 2015.
Disney’s Favreau-helmed “Jungle Book” is one of two high-profile films based on the Rudyard Kipling story in the works; the other, over at Warner Bros, has Andy Serkis directing.
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015
- Trailer : Unfreedom - April 1, 2015
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015