Jon Favreay’s “Jungle Book” looks to add Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong’o to it’s jungle backdrop.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, “12 Years A Slave” scene-stealer Nyong’o has been asked to voice Rakcha, a mother wolf who adopts Mowgli, while “Avengers” siren Johansson would voice the character of the python Kaa.
Idris Elba plays the other villain in the film, Shere Khan, the man-eating tiger.
Mowgli hasn’t been cast yet in the CGI/Live-action hybrid.
Justin Marks wrote the script for the picture, due October 9, 2015.
Disney’s Favreau-helmed “Jungle Book” is one of two high-profile films based on the Rudyard Kipling story in the works; the other, over at Warner Bros, has Andy Serkis directing.
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015