Aubrey Peeples (“Nashville”), Stefanie Scott (“A.N.T Farm”), Aurora Perrineau (“Pretty Little Liars”) and Hayley Kiyoko (the direct-to-dvd “Scooby Doo” prequels) will star in Jon M.Chu’s “Jem and the Holograms” movie, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Peeples plays the lead, while Scott is Jem’s sister, Kimber; Perrineau will play Shana; and Kiyoko has been cast as Aja.
The film, which is already shooting, is based on the 1980’s toy-line.
Says the trade, “Ryan Landels wrote the script, which, per the producers, centers on an orphaned teenage girl who becomes an online recording sensation. She and her sisters embark on a music-driven scavenger hunt — one that sends them on an adventure across Los Angeles in an attempt to unlock a final message left by her father.”
Jason Blumhouse’s Blumhouse Productions produce the film.
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015
- Wong Kar Wai producing Zhang’s directorial debt - January 15, 2015
- Richard Armitage joins NBC’s Hannibal - January 14, 2015