Aubrey Peeples (“Nashville”), Stefanie Scott (“A.N.T Farm”), Aurora Perrineau (“Pretty Little Liars”) and Hayley Kiyoko (the direct-to-dvd “Scooby Doo” prequels) will star in Jon M.Chu’s “Jem and the Holograms” movie, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Peeples plays the lead, while Scott is Jem’s sister, Kimber; Perrineau will play Shana; and Kiyoko has been cast as Aja.
The film, which is already shooting, is based on the 1980’s toy-line.
Says the trade, “Ryan Landels wrote the script, which, per the producers, centers on an orphaned teenage girl who becomes an online recording sensation. She and her sisters embark on a music-driven scavenger hunt — one that sends them on an adventure across Los Angeles in an attempt to unlock a final message left by her father.”
Jason Blumhouse’s Blumhouse Productions produce the film.
- HBO’s 2015 preview - December 22, 2014
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014