Steven Spielberg is set to take on a Roald Dahl classic.
The legendary director will helm “The BFG” from a Melissa Mathison script for DreamWorks.
The story centres on a little girl who unites the Queen of England with the big, friendly giant, leading them on a journey to save little children across the globe from being eaten by the fierce man-eating giants.
“’The BFG’ has enchanted families and their children for more than three decades,” Spielberg said in a statement. “We are honored that the Roald Dahl estate has entrusted us with this classic story.”
The plan is to release the pic in 2016, with production due to get underway next year.
Mathison and Spielberg last worked together on “E.T.”
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher nabs female lead in CBS pilot - February 28, 2015
- Elisabeth Rohm joins Jennifer Lawrence starer - February 28, 2015
- Bruce Lee’s daughter plans biopic about her father - February 28, 2015
- Robert Townsend will helm the latest Brewster’s Millions adaptation - February 28, 2015
- Why James Franco? - February 28, 2015
- Kristen Stewart is a lawyer in indie drama - February 28, 2015
- Adventure Time coming to the big screen - February 28, 2015
- First pic of Eddie Redmayne as a woman - February 28, 2015
- iZombie poster is as gory as its predecessors - February 28, 2015
- Two Bates Motel videos tease season 3 - February 28, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.