Brett Ratner will produce a feature based on Jesse Katz’ Los Angeles magazine article “Escape From Cuba: Yasiel Puig’s Untold Journey to the Dodgers”, says The Hollywood Reporter.
The “Hercules” director’s Ratpac Entertainment has teamed with Beau Flynn to bring to the screen the story of Yasiel Puig.
Says the trade :
…Chronicles Dodgers superstar Puig’s repeated attempts to escape his home country of Cuba. He finally succeeded when a wealthy but shady sponsor arranged for smugglers working for one of Mexico’s murderous drug cartels to pick Puig up in a speed boat and take him to the Yucatan Peninsula. But when his backer allegedly did not immediately pay the agree-upon fee, the smugglers held Puig captive for almost three weeks. His journey ended successfully — he now has a seven-year, $42 million contract with the National League team – but the piece also highlighted the dangers for other Cubans trying to find a better life in the U.S.
RatPac Entertainment, run by Ratner and James Packer, also produced the upcoming “Hercules” with Beau Flynn. Ratner also directed the former.
- McConaughey, Theron, Mara voicing Kubo and the Two Strings - December 23, 2014
- HBO’s 2015 preview - December 22, 2014
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014