Brett Ratner will produce a feature based on Jesse Katz’ Los Angeles magazine article “Escape From Cuba: Yasiel Puig’s Untold Journey to the Dodgers”, says The Hollywood Reporter.
The “Hercules” director’s Ratpac Entertainment has teamed with Beau Flynn to bring to the screen the story of Yasiel Puig.
Says the trade :
…Chronicles Dodgers superstar Puig’s repeated attempts to escape his home country of Cuba. He finally succeeded when a wealthy but shady sponsor arranged for smugglers working for one of Mexico’s murderous drug cartels to pick Puig up in a speed boat and take him to the Yucatan Peninsula. But when his backer allegedly did not immediately pay the agree-upon fee, the smugglers held Puig captive for almost three weeks. His journey ended successfully — he now has a seven-year, $42 million contract with the National League team – but the piece also highlighted the dangers for other Cubans trying to find a better life in the U.S.
RatPac Entertainment, run by Ratner and James Packer, also produced the upcoming “Hercules” with Beau Flynn. Ratner also directed the former.
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015