Filmed over 12 years with the same cast, Richard Linklater’s “Boyhood is a groundbreaking story of growing up as seen through the eyes of a child named Mason (a breakthrough performance by Ellar Coltrane), who literally grows up on screen before our eyes. Starring Ethan Hawke and Patricia Arquette as Mason’s parents and newcomer Lorelei Linklater as his sister Samantha, “Boyhood” charts the rocky terrain of childhood like no other film has before. Snapshots of adolescence from road trips and family dinners to birthdays and graduations and all the moments in between become transcendent, set to a soundtrack spanning the years from Coldplay’s Yellow to Arcade Fire’s Deep Blue.
“Boyhood” is both a nostalgic time capsule of the recent past and an ode to growing up and parenting. It’s impossible to watch Mason and his family without thinking about our own journey.
Here’s the first trailer :
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014