Actor cum screenwriter Danny Strong (“Recount”, “The Hunger Games : Mockingjay”) will make his directorial debut on “Salinger’s War”, about famed author J.D Salinger, says THR.
Strong, who wrote “Lee Daniel’s The Butler”, clearly has enthusiasm for telling the “Catcher in the Rye” author’s story – he optioned the book ‘JD Salinger: A Life by’ Kenneth Slawensk with his own money, and wrote the script on spec.
Black Label Media is backing the project, with Molly Smith, Trent Luckinbill and Thad Luckinbill producing alongside Bruce Cohen, Jason Schuman and Strong.
Salinger’s War follows the Catcher in the Rye writer from his early days trying to establish his career in New York’s literary circle in the early 1940’s. After numerous rejections he finally finds his voice writing about a character named Holden Caulfield. Right as his career is about to begin, WWII breaks out and Salinger goes off to fight. His experiences at war forever change him, and help him to finally find his voice as a writer.
Strong got his start as an actor, and is possibly best remembered for playing high school geek Jonathan on TV’s “Buffy, the Vampire Slayer”.
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015
- Trailer : Unfreedom - April 1, 2015
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015