Aussie director Baz Luhrmann is in negotiations with Warner Bros. to helm the studio’s big screen Elvis Presley biopic, reports The Wrap.
Should “The Great Gatsby” helmer take the gig, he would be directing from a script by Kelly Marcel. Marcel penned the recently released “Saving Mr. Banks” and the hotly anticipated “Fifty Shades of Grey” adaptation.
While it is not yet known which stage of the iconic singer’s life the film will document, The Wrap has reported that the pic will not be based on any pre-existing material and that Warner Bros. has already secured the rights to the musician’s full music library.
Gail Berman of Tecumseh Productions will produce while Whalerock Industries’ Andrew Mittman exec produces.
The film remains untitled at this time.
- Aubrey Plaza joins Efron, Devine & Kendrick in Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates - April 28, 2015
- Adam Wingard will helm manga adaptation Death Note - April 28, 2015
- They Know What Scares You on the new Poltergeist poster - April 28, 2015
- TMNT2 casts a new Shredder - April 28, 2015
- Deadpool writers developing ‘New Coke’ film - April 28, 2015
- Amy Winehouse’s family condemn documentary as “unbalanced” & “misleading” - April 27, 2015
- Trailer: Disney Descendants - April 27, 2015
- Ryan Reynolds is bloodied-up halfway through Deadpool shoot - April 26, 2015
- First look at James McAvoy & Daniel Radcliffe in Victor Frankenstein - April 25, 2015
- Abigail Breslin is a zombie in new Maggie clip - April 25, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.