Aussie director Baz Luhrmann is in negotiations with Warner Bros. to helm the studio’s big screen Elvis Presley biopic, reports The Wrap.
Should “The Great Gatsby” helmer take the gig, he would be directing from a script by Kelly Marcel. Marcel penned the recently released “Saving Mr. Banks” and the hotly anticipated “Fifty Shades of Grey” adaptation.
While it is not yet known which stage of the iconic singer’s life the film will document, The Wrap has reported that the pic will not be based on any pre-existing material and that Warner Bros. has already secured the rights to the musician’s full music library.
Gail Berman of Tecumseh Productions will produce while Whalerock Industries’ Andrew Mittman exec produces.
The film remains untitled at this time.
- Is Focus experiencing A Little Chaos ? - January 30, 2015
- Johnson, Mann, Wilson, Stevens eye How To Be Single - January 30, 2015
- Rachael Taylor is best friend to Jessica Jones - January 30, 2015
- Jay Roach will tame the Mad Dogs - January 29, 2015
- 300: Rise of an Empire helmer to take on heist drama - January 29, 2015
- Swank and Sarandon join animated comedy Spark - January 29, 2015
- Trailer: Ted 2 - January 29, 2015
- Scandal’s Jenna Bans sells new show to ABC - January 29, 2015
- Supergirl’s love interest is cast! - January 29, 2015
- Geoffrey Rush will play Oliver! composer - January 29, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.