Aussie director Baz Luhrmann is in negotiations with Warner Bros. to helm the studio’s big screen Elvis Presley biopic, reports The Wrap.
Should “The Great Gatsby” helmer take the gig, he would be directing from a script by Kelly Marcel. Marcel penned the recently released “Saving Mr. Banks” and the hotly anticipated “Fifty Shades of Grey” adaptation.
While it is not yet known which stage of the iconic singer’s life the film will document, The Wrap has reported that the pic will not be based on any pre-existing material and that Warner Bros. has already secured the rights to the musician’s full music library.
Gail Berman of Tecumseh Productions will produce while Whalerock Industries’ Andrew Mittman exec produces.
The film remains untitled at this time.
- Rachel Weisz sails into Colin Firth’s Donald Crowhurst biopic - April 1, 2015
- Mark Wahlberg to join CBS Films’ Boston Marathon project - April 1, 2015
- Poltergeist clown is back in new poster - March 31, 2015
- Sir Ben Kingsley and Ryan Reynolds in Self/less Poster - March 31, 2015
- Hugh Jackman is Apostle Paul - March 31, 2015
- Arrow’s Stephen Amell joins TMNT2 - March 31, 2015
- Trailer: Spy - March 31, 2015
- Trailer: The D Train - March 31, 2015
- Fear The Walking Dead Sneak Peak - March 30, 2015
- Preview look at Ryan Gosling’s Lost River - March 30, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.