Aussie director Baz Luhrmann is in negotiations with Warner Bros. to helm the studio’s big screen Elvis Presley biopic, reports The Wrap.
Should “The Great Gatsby” helmer take the gig, he would be directing from a script by Kelly Marcel. Marcel penned the recently released “Saving Mr. Banks” and the hotly anticipated “Fifty Shades of Grey” adaptation.
While it is not yet known which stage of the iconic singer’s life the film will document, The Wrap has reported that the pic will not be based on any pre-existing material and that Warner Bros. has already secured the rights to the musician’s full music library.
Gail Berman of Tecumseh Productions will produce while Whalerock Industries’ Andrew Mittman exec produces.
The film remains untitled at this time.
- Trailer: Ex Machina - March 4, 2015
- Steve Martin joins Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk - March 4, 2015
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher nabs female lead in CBS pilot - February 28, 2015
- Elisabeth Rohm joins Jennifer Lawrence starer - February 28, 2015
- Bruce Lee’s daughter plans biopic about her father - February 28, 2015
- Robert Townsend will helm the latest Brewster’s Millions adaptation - February 28, 2015
- Why James Franco? - February 28, 2015
- Kristen Stewart is a lawyer in indie drama - February 28, 2015
- Adventure Time coming to the big screen - February 28, 2015
- First pic of Eddie Redmayne as a woman - February 28, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.