Aussie director Baz Luhrmann is in negotiations with Warner Bros. to helm the studio’s big screen Elvis Presley biopic, reports The Wrap.
Should “The Great Gatsby” helmer take the gig, he would be directing from a script by Kelly Marcel. Marcel penned the recently released “Saving Mr. Banks” and the hotly anticipated “Fifty Shades of Grey” adaptation.
While it is not yet known which stage of the iconic singer’s life the film will document, The Wrap has reported that the pic will not be based on any pre-existing material and that Warner Bros. has already secured the rights to the musician’s full music library.
Gail Berman of Tecumseh Productions will produce while Whalerock Industries’ Andrew Mittman exec produces.
The film remains untitled at this time.
- Rogers boards Life at these Speeds - November 12, 2014
- David, Brewster join Community - November 10, 2014
- Disney skeds Zootopia, Moana - November 10, 2014
- Trailer for Girls‘ fourth season hits! - November 8, 2014
- More Lemony Snicket Coming! - November 6, 2014
- McConaughey moving to Free State - November 6, 2014
- Naomi Watts is Shut In - November 6, 2014
- Laura Dern’s football movie kicks off - November 5, 2014
- Fassbender may play Steve Jobs - November 5, 2014
- Potter conjures up Now You See Me 2 - November 4, 2014
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.