David Goyer (“Man of Steel”) is writing the treatment for James Cameron’s long-gestating remake of “The Fantastic Voyage”, says The Hollywood Reporter.
Goyer comes onto a project that has seen quite a few writers come-and-go, including Shane Salerno, Cormac and Marianne Wibberly, and Laeta Kalogridis.
Cameron’s Lightstorm Entertainment has been developing “Fantastic Voyage” for several years now.
With Goyer – who’ll also be an executive producer on the project – onboard, the project is placed on the fast track.
The 1966 original saw a team of scientists shrunken to atomic size and sent in a submarine inside the body of a scientist, whose life they needed to save.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014