David Goyer (“Man of Steel”) is writing the treatment for James Cameron’s long-gestating remake of “The Fantastic Voyage”, says The Hollywood Reporter.
Goyer comes onto a project that has seen quite a few writers come-and-go, including Shane Salerno, Cormac and Marianne Wibberly, and Laeta Kalogridis.
Cameron’s Lightstorm Entertainment has been developing “Fantastic Voyage” for several years now.
With Goyer – who’ll also be an executive producer on the project – onboard, the project is placed on the fast track.
The 1966 original saw a team of scientists shrunken to atomic size and sent in a submarine inside the body of a scientist, whose life they needed to save.
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015