David Goyer (“Man of Steel”) is writing the treatment for James Cameron’s long-gestating remake of “The Fantastic Voyage”, says The Hollywood Reporter.
Goyer comes onto a project that has seen quite a few writers come-and-go, including Shane Salerno, Cormac and Marianne Wibberly, and Laeta Kalogridis.
Cameron’s Lightstorm Entertainment has been developing “Fantastic Voyage” for several years now.
With Goyer – who’ll also be an executive producer on the project – onboard, the project is placed on the fast track.
The 1966 original saw a team of scientists shrunken to atomic size and sent in a submarine inside the body of a scientist, whose life they needed to save.
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015