Gerard Butler has pulled out of Alcon’s “Point Break” remake.
Butler was set to play one of the leads, Bodhi, in the remake of the 1991 action flick, the part played by Patrick Swayze in the original.
While the reasons behind Butler’s unexpected departure are not known, it is possible that the shooting schedule conflicted with that of Butler’s other upcoming project “London Has Fallen”. Both films were due to shoot within a relatively close timeframe.
It is expected that production will remain scheduled for June with Alcon likely to recast the role within the next few weeks.
The remake will be directed by Ericson Core and co-stars Luke Bracey as an FBI agent, the part previously played by Keanu Reeves, who infiltrates a ring of criminals within the world of extreme sports.
- The Big Short casts Max Greenfield - April 24, 2015
- McDreamy is leaving Grey’s Anatomy - April 24, 2015
- The Free State of Jones stills star a definant McConaughey - April 24, 2015
- Chris Pratt’s close call in new Jurassic World clip - April 24, 2015
- Fifty Shades sequels slated for 2017 & 2018 - April 24, 2015
- First look at Scream Queens - April 24, 2015
- Furious 8 set for April 2017 - April 24, 2015
- Domhnall Gleeson looks to join Tom Cruise in Mena - April 23, 2015
- Sony announces Equalizer 2 - April 23, 2015
- We Get The World We Deserve: True Detective Motion Posters - April 23, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.