Gerard Butler has pulled out of Alcon’s “Point Break” remake.
Butler was set to play one of the leads, Bodhi, in the remake of the 1991 action flick, the part played by Patrick Swayze in the original.
While the reasons behind Butler’s unexpected departure are not known, it is possible that the shooting schedule conflicted with that of Butler’s other upcoming project “London Has Fallen”. Both films were due to shoot within a relatively close timeframe.
It is expected that production will remain scheduled for June with Alcon likely to recast the role within the next few weeks.
The remake will be directed by Ericson Core and co-stars Luke Bracey as an FBI agent, the part previously played by Keanu Reeves, who infiltrates a ring of criminals within the world of extreme sports.
- Rogers boards Life at these Speeds - November 12, 2014
- David, Brewster join Community - November 10, 2014
- Disney skeds Zootopia, Moana - November 10, 2014
- Trailer for Girls‘ fourth season hits! - November 8, 2014
- More Lemony Snicket Coming! - November 6, 2014
- McConaughey moving to Free State - November 6, 2014
- Naomi Watts is Shut In - November 6, 2014
- Laura Dern’s football movie kicks off - November 5, 2014
- Fassbender may play Steve Jobs - November 5, 2014
- Potter conjures up Now You See Me 2 - November 4, 2014
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.