Gerard Butler has pulled out of Alcon’s “Point Break” remake.
Butler was set to play one of the leads, Bodhi, in the remake of the 1991 action flick, the part played by Patrick Swayze in the original.
While the reasons behind Butler’s unexpected departure are not known, it is possible that the shooting schedule conflicted with that of Butler’s other upcoming project “London Has Fallen”. Both films were due to shoot within a relatively close timeframe.
It is expected that production will remain scheduled for June with Alcon likely to recast the role within the next few weeks.
The remake will be directed by Ericson Core and co-stars Luke Bracey as an FBI agent, the part previously played by Keanu Reeves, who infiltrates a ring of criminals within the world of extreme sports.
- Paramount shuffles three upcoming horror pics - January 28, 2015
- Will Smith’s Concussion to bow Christmas Day - January 28, 2015
- Ghostbusters cast and release date revealed! - January 28, 2015
- Trailer: Child 44 - January 28, 2015
- Roberts and Franco to team up for YA thriller Nerve - January 28, 2015
- Egypt’s Amr Waked joins Geostorm - January 26, 2015
- Watson to star as Beauty and the Beast’s Belle - January 26, 2015
- X-Men coming to a TV screen near you! - January 26, 2015
- Mission: Impossible 5 to hit screens July 31 - January 26, 2015
- Moore, Redmayne, Birdman, OITNB among winners at SAG Awards - January 26, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.