Gerard Butler has pulled out of Alcon’s “Point Break” remake.
Butler was set to play one of the leads, Bodhi, in the remake of the 1991 action flick, the part played by Patrick Swayze in the original.
While the reasons behind Butler’s unexpected departure are not known, it is possible that the shooting schedule conflicted with that of Butler’s other upcoming project “London Has Fallen”. Both films were due to shoot within a relatively close timeframe.
It is expected that production will remain scheduled for June with Alcon likely to recast the role within the next few weeks.
The remake will be directed by Ericson Core and co-stars Luke Bracey as an FBI agent, the part previously played by Keanu Reeves, who infiltrates a ring of criminals within the world of extreme sports.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher nabs female lead in CBS pilot - February 28, 2015
- Elisabeth Rohm joins Jennifer Lawrence starer - February 28, 2015
- Bruce Lee’s daughter plans biopic about her father - February 28, 2015
- Robert Townsend will helm the latest Brewster’s Millions adaptation - February 28, 2015
- Why James Franco? - February 28, 2015
- Kristen Stewart is a lawyer in indie drama - February 28, 2015
- Adventure Time coming to the big screen - February 28, 2015
- First pic of Eddie Redmayne as a woman - February 28, 2015
- iZombie poster is as gory as its predecessors - February 28, 2015
- Two Bates Motel videos tease season 3 - February 28, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.