At least three standalone “Star Wars” spin-off movies are in the works, in addition to the upcoming trilogy, The Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Iger confirmed today during a Q2 Fiscal 2014 Earnings Conference Call.
These new films are said to be origin stories focusing on some of the saga’s most popular characters, with Yoda, Han Solo and Boba Fett all rumoured as subjects. The films would be released in alternate years to the trilogy – suggesting we’ll see one in 2016, then another in 2018 and 2019.
Lawrence Kasdan, also involved in the scripting of next year’s “Star Wars Episode VII”, and Simon Kinberg (“X-Men”) are involved in a writing capacity on the spin-off projects.
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015