Prepare to be scared again on April 3 next year when “Insidious: Chapter 3” opens in US cinemas.
Following a combined international gross of $250 million from the first two installments, the third comes really as no surprise. Now Focus Features has dated the pic for the April 3, 2015 slot.
Production is due to get underway on July 7 with Leigh Whannell (“Saw” co-creator) directing from his own script. Whannell penned the first and second films.
Jason Blum and his Blumhouse Productions will be back to produce the third film with the directors of the first two films Oren Peli and James Wan.
At this stage a cast has not been announced. It’s also unknown whether Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne, Lin Shaye, Ty Simpkins or Barbara Hershey, who starred in the first two films, will return.
The original “Insidious” made $97 million at the worldwide box office from a budget of $1.5 mil. It followed the Lambert family as they confronted the demon that was possessing their young son. The second instalment made $160 million internationally from a slightly elevated budget of $5 million. It saw the Lambert’s moving into a new house just to find that the demons followed them there.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher nabs female lead in CBS pilot - February 28, 2015
- Elisabeth Rohm joins Jennifer Lawrence starer - February 28, 2015
- Bruce Lee’s daughter plans biopic about her father - February 28, 2015
- Robert Townsend will helm the latest Brewster’s Millions adaptation - February 28, 2015
- Why James Franco? - February 28, 2015
- Kristen Stewart is a lawyer in indie drama - February 28, 2015
- Adventure Time coming to the big screen - February 28, 2015
- First pic of Eddie Redmayne as a woman - February 28, 2015
- iZombie poster is as gory as its predecessors - February 28, 2015
- Two Bates Motel videos tease season 3 - February 28, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.