Will Ferrell and Adam McKay are relaunching the “Flintstones” film franchise.
The Hollywood Reporter says the “Anchorman” duo will executive produce – via their Garry Sanchez Productions – a new film based on the classic ’60s animated series for Warner Bros.
Chris Henchy, who wrote Ferrell’s “Land of the Lost” and “The Campaign”, is on writing duties.
Seth MacFarlane recently tried to get a new small-screen “Flintstones” up at FOX, but it stalled.
The Flintstones first came to the big screen in 1994, with a Steven Spiel’rock’ produced venture starring John Goodman as Fred and Rick Moranis as Barney.
No word on whether Ferrell, who has starred in a couple of films based on classic TV series (“Bewitched”, “Land of the Lost”, “Starsky & Hutch”) will play one of the main roles in the relaunch.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014