’80s siren Jennifer Beals (“Flashdance”, “The Book of Eli”) has RSVP’d for Matthew Modine’s “Memphis Belle” reunion.
Modine’s coming-of-age flick “The Rocking Horseman” has nabbed the services of cinema’s most famous ‘Maniac’, says The Hollywood Reporter. Beals is joined by a superlative cast of thesps in the toe-tapping flick, including Sean Astin, Eric Stoltz and Billy Zane (the three of whom co-starred with Modine in ’90s drama “Memphis Belle”).
The Rocking Horsemen follows five teen boys on their journey to form a rock band during the summer of 1962. The boys have high hopes and are driven by a shared fear of what the future holds. When the chance to perform at their high school graduation arises, the stage is set for the band — dubbed The Rocking Horsemen — to realize their dream. The story, written by Modine, chronicles what it’s like to be young when everything seems possible and music can transform one’s life.
Australia’s James Frecheville (“Animal Kingdom”), Riley Griffiths, Jared Gilman, David Alan Grier, Miles Heizer, and Isaac White are also onboard the pic, set to begin production this Summer.
Beals and Modine previously co-starred in “The Gamble”, here’s a refresher :
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.