Veteran character actor Reg E.Cathey, seen recently on “Banshee” and “House of Cards”, has been cast as Dr. Storm, father of Sue and Johnny Storm in Fox’s reboot of “Fantastic Four”, according to THR.
The film, directed by Josh Trank, reunites Cathey with Michael B. Jordan (Johnny Storm), who got his start on “The Wire” (which Cathey was also in), and Kate Mara (Sue Storm), who is a regular on Netflix’s “House of Cards”.
The reboot also stars Miles Teller as Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic, Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm/The Thing, Toby Kebbell as Doctor Doom and Tim Blake Nelson as Harvey Elder.
Cathey’s film credits include “The Mask”, “Se7en”, “Pootie Tang” and “Clear and Present Danger”.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014