Octavia Spencer has landed herself a spot in Lionsgate’s “Divergent” sequel.
Spencer will star in “Insurgent”, the second of three books in the Veronica Roth trilogy, which is set to bow next March 20. The third instalment, “Allegiant”, will be split into two parts to be released on March 18, 2016, and March 24, 2017.
Spencer will take on the role of Johanna. Set in the dystopian world, Johanna is the leader of Amity, the faction dedicated to peace and kindness.
The casting sees Spencer join stars Shailene Woodley, Theo James and Kate Winslet on the big screen. The actors will be directed by Robert Schwentke who will work from a script by Brian Duffield and Akiva Goldsman.
The highly anticipated “Divergent” opened in March this year, taking in $252 million at the international box office.
Spencer has previously starred in “The Help” alongside Emma Stone and “Fruitvale Station” with Michael B. Jordan. You can also catch her in the upcoming James Brown biopic “Get On Up”.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher nabs female lead in CBS pilot - February 28, 2015
- Elisabeth Rohm joins Jennifer Lawrence starer - February 28, 2015
- Bruce Lee’s daughter plans biopic about her father - February 28, 2015
- Robert Townsend will helm the latest Brewster’s Millions adaptation - February 28, 2015
- Why James Franco? - February 28, 2015
- Kristen Stewart is a lawyer in indie drama - February 28, 2015
- Adventure Time coming to the big screen - February 28, 2015
- First pic of Eddie Redmayne as a woman - February 28, 2015
- iZombie poster is as gory as its predecessors - February 28, 2015
- Two Bates Motel videos tease season 3 - February 28, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.