Octavia Spencer has landed herself a spot in Lionsgate’s “Divergent” sequel.
Spencer will star in “Insurgent”, the second of three books in the Veronica Roth trilogy, which is set to bow next March 20. The third instalment, “Allegiant”, will be split into two parts to be released on March 18, 2016, and March 24, 2017.
Spencer will take on the role of Johanna. Set in the dystopian world, Johanna is the leader of Amity, the faction dedicated to peace and kindness.
The casting sees Spencer join stars Shailene Woodley, Theo James and Kate Winslet on the big screen. The actors will be directed by Robert Schwentke who will work from a script by Brian Duffield and Akiva Goldsman.
The highly anticipated “Divergent” opened in March this year, taking in $252 million at the international box office.
Spencer has previously starred in “The Help” alongside Emma Stone and “Fruitvale Station” with Michael B. Jordan. You can also catch her in the upcoming James Brown biopic “Get On Up”.
- Fear The Walking Dead Sneak Peak - March 30, 2015
- Preview look at Ryan Gosling’s Lost River - March 30, 2015
- TV Spot: Marvel’s Daredevil - March 30, 2015
- Sacha Baron Cohen is Freddie Mercury - March 29, 2015
- Is Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine for the ‘last time’? - March 29, 2015
- Masi Oka returning for Heroes Reborn - March 28, 2015
- Walking Dead companion series gets a title - March 28, 2015
- New Terminator Genisys TV spot debuts new footage - March 28, 2015
- Teaser Trailer: Mad Max: Fury Road - March 28, 2015
- Avengers featurette introduces Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver - March 28, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.