Joel and Ethan Coen will write the Tom Hanks-Steven Spielberg project that chronicles the true story of James Donovan, an attorney who was thrust into the center of the Cold War when he negotiated with the KGB for the release of downed U-2 spy plane pilot Gary Powers, says The Hollywood Reporter.
Matt Charman penned the previous draft of the DreamWorks project, but the Coen brothers involvement in the film only adds momentum to the project. The signing might also suggest that director Spielberg is eyeing the untitled picture as his next project.
Though The Coen’s are primarily known as writer-directors they have written screenplays for films they didn’t end up helming themselves – like the upcoming Angelina Jolie directed drama “Unbroken”.
The project, set to star Hanks, would mark the fourth collaboration between the “Catch Me If You Can” star and Spielberg.
- Peter Dinklage vs. girly Ghostbusters? - December 17, 2014
- Cinemas dropping The Interview after threats - December 17, 2014
- The Water Diviner - December 17, 2014
- Hear Robin Williams’ final role - December 16, 2014
- Tom Hanks forms a Circle - December 16, 2014
- Trailer : Knight of Cups - December 16, 2014
- Beetlejuice 2 is closer than ever! - December 16, 2014
- Four directors in the mix for Star Trek 3 - December 16, 2014
- Pirates on the hunt for hottie - December 16, 2014
- Tatum, Pratt as Ghostbusters!? - December 16, 2014
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.