With the first film’s returns equaling little more than a couple of canapés for the crew, the second of the “Mortal Instruments” movies is far from a sure thing. If it does eventually happen though, it’ll be without original helmer Harald Zwart by the monitor.
Likely tired of waiting for the green light to blink, Zwart tells aftenposten that he has exited the project.
“The studio is still certain that they will make this movie, but it’s not me who directs”, the filmmaker told the outlet.
It was expected that Zwart (“The Karate Kid”) would reprise his director’s duty on the sequel, originally set to go into production late last year but delayed by the studio after the first film’s unsatisfying performance.
Zwart is currently prepping the war film “12th Man”.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014