Robert Redford is in talks to play evangelical minister Oral Roberts in a new Jonathan Demme directed film, “Come Sunday”.
Jeffrey Wright (“The Hunger Games : Catching Fire”) is also in talks.
The Endgame Entertainment (“Looper”) financed film would chronicle “the true story of Carlton Pearson, a renowned evangelical minister in Tulsa, Okla., who stirs up controversy with his revelation that there is no hell. He loses everything and must rebuild his church and his family and find his own personal faith. Jeffrey Wright (Quantum of Solace) is in talks to take on the starring role of Pearson”, says The Hollywood Reporter.
Roberts, the character Redford would play, was an early pioneer of TV evangelism; he was Pearson’s mentor. The role would be of a supporting nature – a’la “Captain America : The Winter Soldier” – for Redford.
“Come Sunday” has been bubbling away for years, but was resurrected thanks to Demme’s (“Philadelphia”) interest.
“All Good Things” writer Marcus Hinchey wrote the screenplay for the film, which was originally titled “Heretics”.
A Spring 2015 start is being eyed.
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015
- Trailer : Unfreedom - April 1, 2015
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015