Marvel’s “Ant-Man” is without a director.
Edgar Wright, previously attached to helm (and for the better part of a decade! – Ed), has exited the project, announced Marvel Studios on Friday.
Marvel and Wright said in a statement that the abrupt departure comes as a result of “differences in their vision of the film”, however with Wright having been attached to pen the script since 2006, the move comes as a shock.
According to Marvel, “a new director will be announced shortly,” however Variety has confirmed that the company is not yet in negotiations with a replacement filmmaker.
The company has confirmed that the recent turn of events will not impact the film’s release day, set for July 17, 2015.
Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, Evangeline Lilly, Corey Stoll, Michael Pena and Patrick Wilson star in the film.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher nabs female lead in CBS pilot - February 28, 2015
- Elisabeth Rohm joins Jennifer Lawrence starer - February 28, 2015
- Bruce Lee’s daughter plans biopic about her father - February 28, 2015
- Robert Townsend will helm the latest Brewster’s Millions adaptation - February 28, 2015
- Why James Franco? - February 28, 2015
- Kristen Stewart is a lawyer in indie drama - February 28, 2015
- Adventure Time coming to the big screen - February 28, 2015
- First pic of Eddie Redmayne as a woman - February 28, 2015
- iZombie poster is as gory as its predecessors - February 28, 2015
- Two Bates Motel videos tease season 3 - February 28, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.