Marvel’s “Ant-Man” is without a director.
Edgar Wright, previously attached to helm (and for the better part of a decade! – Ed), has exited the project, announced Marvel Studios on Friday.
Marvel and Wright said in a statement that the abrupt departure comes as a result of “differences in their vision of the film”, however with Wright having been attached to pen the script since 2006, the move comes as a shock.
According to Marvel, “a new director will be announced shortly,” however Variety has confirmed that the company is not yet in negotiations with a replacement filmmaker.
The company has confirmed that the recent turn of events will not impact the film’s release day, set for July 17, 2015.
Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, Evangeline Lilly, Corey Stoll, Michael Pena and Patrick Wilson star in the film.
- Rogers boards Life at these Speeds - November 12, 2014
- David, Brewster join Community - November 10, 2014
- Disney skeds Zootopia, Moana - November 10, 2014
- Trailer for Girls‘ fourth season hits! - November 8, 2014
- More Lemony Snicket Coming! - November 6, 2014
- McConaughey moving to Free State - November 6, 2014
- Naomi Watts is Shut In - November 6, 2014
- Laura Dern’s football movie kicks off - November 5, 2014
- Fassbender may play Steve Jobs - November 5, 2014
- Potter conjures up Now You See Me 2 - November 4, 2014
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.