When “Dawson’s Creek” alum John Wesley Shipp was cast in an undisclosed role on the upcoming “The Flash” series, most assumed – and hoped – it was in the role of the title character’s father – because, well, that would be cool, and be somewhat of a sweet tribute to the previous small-screen incarnation of the comic series.
Having played the superhero on the small screen in the ‘90s, executive producer Greg Berlanti tells TV Line that Shipp was always their man for the Poppa Flash role.
“Given his history with The Flash, [executive producers] Andrew [Kreisberg], Geoff [Johns] and I could only think of one person we wanted to play Barry’s father and that was John Wesley Shipp. He gives a fantastic and emotional performance in the pilot and we are looking forward to his presence in many more episodes. Also, personally, it was just wonderful to work with him again since my days at Dawson’s Creek. He’s a great actor and a great guy.”
In the series, Barry Allen’s father is wrongly arrested for the murder of his wife. Having witnessed the crime, Allen knows his father is innocent and spends a good amount of the season zooming about on a mission to find the real culprit.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014