Suggesting Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin have encountered writer’s block (likely while trying to find a way to write out Will Smith’s character – now that the Fresh Prince has let the boys know he’s not coming back to kick E.T’s ass some more), or that Fox likes a little more story with their special-effects these days (it definitely helped cement “X-Men : Days of Future Past”‘s as May’s leading box-office champ), Carter Blanchard has been hired to do a rewrite on the “Independence Day” sequel.
Fox have already committed to a release date on the follow-up to the 1996 cash-cow, so it might simply have come down to finding someone who could type more than 300 words a minute.
Emmerich’s busy on another film at the moment (“Stonewall”) so he probably just hasn’t had time to rework the script, while Devlin’s probably busy… negotiating with stunt-men.
Blanchard’s credits include upcoming tentpole fare like “Spyhunter” and Mark Millar’s “Kindergarten Heroes”.
While Smith won’t be reprising his cocky pilot role for the sequel, original alien-busters Jeff Goldblum and Bill Pullman are said to be locks.
“Independence Day 2″ is skedded for a July 1, 2016 bow.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.