“Star Wars: Episode VII” has added “12 Years a Slave” actress Lupita Nyong’o and “Game of Thrones'” Gwendoline Christie to its cast.
No word yet on which characters the new additions will play in the feature which is currently filming.
“I could not be more excited about Lupita and Gwendoline joining the cast of Episode VII,” said Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy in a statement. “It’s thrilling to see this extraordinarily talented ensemble taking shape.”
This “talented ensemble” also includes John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Max von Sydow, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker. J.J. Abrams is directing from a screenplay he wrote with Lawrence Kasdan.
Nyong’o recently became world renowned for her Oscar winning performance in “12 Years a Slave” while Christie has been busy working on “Game of Thrones”. She also recently joined the cast of the much anticipated “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2″.
Meanwhile, TMZ have some new set pics up from the flick here.
“Star Wars: Episode VII” will see both women in a whole new world when it bows December 18, 2015.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher nabs female lead in CBS pilot - February 28, 2015
- Elisabeth Rohm joins Jennifer Lawrence starer - February 28, 2015
- Bruce Lee’s daughter plans biopic about her father - February 28, 2015
- Robert Townsend will helm the latest Brewster’s Millions adaptation - February 28, 2015
- Why James Franco? - February 28, 2015
- Kristen Stewart is a lawyer in indie drama - February 28, 2015
- Adventure Time coming to the big screen - February 28, 2015
- First pic of Eddie Redmayne as a woman - February 28, 2015
- iZombie poster is as gory as its predecessors - February 28, 2015
- Two Bates Motel videos tease season 3 - February 28, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.