“Star Wars: Episode VII” has added “12 Years a Slave” actress Lupita Nyong’o and “Game of Thrones'” Gwendoline Christie to its cast.
No word yet on which characters the new additions will play in the feature which is currently filming.
“I could not be more excited about Lupita and Gwendoline joining the cast of Episode VII,” said Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy in a statement. “It’s thrilling to see this extraordinarily talented ensemble taking shape.”
This “talented ensemble” also includes John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Max von Sydow, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker. J.J. Abrams is directing from a screenplay he wrote with Lawrence Kasdan.
Nyong’o recently became world renowned for her Oscar winning performance in “12 Years a Slave” while Christie has been busy working on “Game of Thrones”. She also recently joined the cast of the much anticipated “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2″.
Meanwhile, TMZ have some new set pics up from the flick here.
“Star Wars: Episode VII” will see both women in a whole new world when it bows December 18, 2015.
- First look at James McAvoy & Daniel Radcliffe in Victor Frankenstein - April 25, 2015
- Abigail Breslin is a zombie in new Maggie clip - April 25, 2015
- Trailer: Barely Lethal - April 25, 2015
- Game of Thrones star joins prison thriller - April 25, 2015
- Evan Peters checking into American Horror Story: Hotel - April 25, 2015
- Wolverine gets Blade Runner 2 scribe - April 25, 2015
- The Big Short casts Max Greenfield - April 24, 2015
- McDreamy is leaving Grey’s Anatomy - April 24, 2015
- The Free State of Jones stills star a definant McConaughey - April 24, 2015
- Chris Pratt’s close call in new Jurassic World clip - April 24, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.