A few days back, only a couple of clicks after Edgar Wright parted ways with the Marvel machine, the trades announced that three filmmakers were being courted to replace Wright in the “Ant-Man” director’s chair.
The first of the names, Adam McKay (“Anchorman”) passed on the gig on the weekend, and now another of the wanted men, Rawson Marshall Thurber (“Dodgeball”) has also let it be known he’s not into being anyone’s fixer.
This is Infamous had the scoop :
Earlier today, we scooped that Rawson Thurber had been offered the job in the hopes of settling down the movie’s rocky road to production and getting things back on pace to hit that July 2015 release date Marvel is still dead set on. Unfortunately, the ANT-MAN nightmare for Marvel continues, as sources tell us Thurber has indeed passed on the film, sending the studio right back to the drawing board to find someone actually willing to touch this movie with a 10-foot pole.
Doesn’t seem to be too many into reprising Wright’s role on the movie. Gotta wonder whether Marvel will cut their losses and press pause on this one.
- First look at Lena Dunham in Scandal - March 6, 2015
- Alec Baldwin to play New York Mayor in HBO pilot - March 6, 2015
- Mr T, Tom Selleck, Scott Bakula for Expendables TV show? - March 6, 2015
- Mangold reveals when Wolverine 3 will begin filming - March 6, 2015
- Jared Leto unveils his ‘Joker’ haircut - March 6, 2015
- Toy Story 4 will be of a different genre than the previous three? - March 5, 2015
- Idris Elba reprising Luther for two-part special - March 5, 2015
- Netflix announce new Brit Marling series - March 5, 2015
- Walden Media to co-finance, co-produce Spielberg’s BFG - March 5, 2015
- Trailer : Ghoul - March 5, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.