Looks like Marvel isn’t out of the headlines just yet, but this time the news may be more positive.
Our friend Scott Derrickson is as good as a lock to helm “Dr. Strange”, a pic based on the comic book which saw a former neurosurgeon take on mystical threats in an attempt to protect the world.
Variety reports that the “Sinister” director is in early talks with Marvel to direct the pic which has already secured Kevin Feige to produce. Exec producers are Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Alan Fine, Stan Lee and Stephen Broussard.
Derrickson’s next project sees Eric Bana and Olivia Munn star in “Deliver Us From Evil”. It will hit cinemas on July 2.
Though the director’s seat isn’t even warm yet, the casting rumours have also begun.
According to Bad Ass Digest, Oscar Winner Jared Leto (“Dallas Buyers Club”, “Urban Legend”) is Marvel’s pick to play the mystical superhero.
The site suggests the rumour will be confirmed (or debunked) soon enough, when whoever gets the gig is wheeled out onto the Comic-Con stage next month.
- Rogers boards Life at these Speeds - November 12, 2014
- David, Brewster join Community - November 10, 2014
- Disney skeds Zootopia, Moana - November 10, 2014
- Trailer for Girls‘ fourth season hits! - November 8, 2014
- More Lemony Snicket Coming! - November 6, 2014
- McConaughey moving to Free State - November 6, 2014
- Naomi Watts is Shut In - November 6, 2014
- Laura Dern’s football movie kicks off - November 5, 2014
- Fassbender may play Steve Jobs - November 5, 2014
- Potter conjures up Now You See Me 2 - November 4, 2014
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.