Josh Trank, director of the upcoming “Fantastic Four”, has been tapped to direct one of the stand-alone “Star Wars” movies.
“We’re thrilled to welcome Josh into the family,” said Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy, via The Hollywood Reporter. “He is such an incredible talent and has a great imagination and sense of innovation. That makes him perfectly suited to Star Wars, and for this new slate of movies that reach beyond the core characters and storylines of episodes I through IX.”
In addition to the the new “Star Wars” trilogy, Disney have announced several new stand-alone films that will fix on existing characters within the universe; the rumour mill says the likely films are a “Han Solo” origin movie, a “Yoda” movie, and a “Boba Fett” film.
Gareth Edwards (“Godzilla”) will direct the first of the stand-alone movies, which has been skedded for Dec 16, 2016.
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015
- Trailer : Unfreedom - April 1, 2015
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015