Josh Trank, director of the upcoming “Fantastic Four”, has been tapped to direct one of the stand-alone “Star Wars” movies.
“We’re thrilled to welcome Josh into the family,” said Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy, via The Hollywood Reporter. “He is such an incredible talent and has a great imagination and sense of innovation. That makes him perfectly suited to Star Wars, and for this new slate of movies that reach beyond the core characters and storylines of episodes I through IX.”
In addition to the the new “Star Wars” trilogy, Disney have announced several new stand-alone films that will fix on existing characters within the universe; the rumour mill says the likely films are a “Han Solo” origin movie, a “Yoda” movie, and a “Boba Fett” film.
Gareth Edwards (“Godzilla”) will direct the first of the stand-alone movies, which has been skedded for Dec 16, 2016.
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015