Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Hardy are early contenders for the role of Dr. Stephen Strange in Marvel’s “Doctor Strange” movie, according to Deadline.
With a director (Scott Derrickson) now locked in, Marvel has started scrawling their wishlist of potential leads, with many of the usual suspects likely on the memo.
Though Cumberbatch is a strong possibility, the studio apparently likes Hardy just that tad bit more – mainly due to his presence in fellow comic book movie, “The Dark Knight Rises”.
Last week Jared Leto was rumoured for the role.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014