A sequel to 2013’s “Pacific Rim” may be on the cards with Guillermo del Toro revealing he’s working on the script.
Del Toro, who wrote the script for the first film with Travis Beacham, is penning this screenplay with Zak Penn.
“I’m working very, very hard with Zak Penn,” Del Toro told Buzzfeed. “We’ve been working for a few months now in secret. We found a way to twist it around. Travis Beacham was involved in the storyline and now I’m writing with Zak because Travis has become a TV mogul.”
Nothing is official yet, however Head of Legendary Pictures Thomas Tull said in March that the studio is open to the idea of a sequel.
“I’m going for very new, very crazy ideas on the second one, which are very different from the first one — but you will get really great spectacle,” said Del Toro of the new script.
“Pacific Rim” made $411 million at the worldwide box office from a $190 million budget.
- Fear The Walking Dead Sneak Peak - March 30, 2015
- Preview look at Ryan Gosling’s Lost River - March 30, 2015
- TV Spot: Marvel’s Daredevil - March 30, 2015
- Sacha Baron Cohen is Freddie Mercury - March 29, 2015
- Is Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine for the ‘last time’? - March 29, 2015
- Masi Oka returning for Heroes Reborn - March 28, 2015
- Walking Dead companion series gets a title - March 28, 2015
- New Terminator Genisys TV spot debuts new footage - March 28, 2015
- Teaser Trailer: Mad Max: Fury Road - March 28, 2015
- Avengers featurette introduces Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver - March 28, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.