“Sonic the Hedgehog” is set to run into cinemas.
Sony Pictures Animation is teaming with producer Neal H. Moritz to adapt the Sega Genesis videogame into a film.
The game centres on the world’s fastest hedgehog who is usually pitted against the game’s main antagonist, Dr. Ivo “Eggman” Robotnik.
Evan Susser and Van Robichaux will pen the script while Moritz produces with Takeshi Ito and Mie Onishi. Toby Ascher will exec produce.
“There are limitless stories to tell with a character like Sonic the Hedgehog, and a built-in international fanbase,” said Hannah Minghella, who is overseeing the project for Sony, in a statement.
“Along with our wonderful creative partners at Marza, we’re looking to capture everything that generations of fans know and love about Sonic while also growing his audience wider than ever before.”
- Rogers boards Life at these Speeds - November 12, 2014
- David, Brewster join Community - November 10, 2014
- Disney skeds Zootopia, Moana - November 10, 2014
- Trailer for Girls‘ fourth season hits! - November 8, 2014
- More Lemony Snicket Coming! - November 6, 2014
- McConaughey moving to Free State - November 6, 2014
- Naomi Watts is Shut In - November 6, 2014
- Laura Dern’s football movie kicks off - November 5, 2014
- Fassbender may play Steve Jobs - November 5, 2014
- Potter conjures up Now You See Me 2 - November 4, 2014
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.