Kristen Wiig is set to try her hand at directing.
The New York Times first reported that the star is penning a film with “Bridesmaids” co-writer Annie Mumolo for TriStar Prods.
Wiig will star in and direct the film which will see her and Mumolo play best friends who find themselves in over their heads and out of their depth. All other plot details are being kept under wraps.
“We’re very excited to be writing,” Wiig and Mumolo said in a statement. “We will be going into a cave for months to finish. An actual cave. We found one that’s nice and big. We’re putting a couch in there.”
“Bridesmaids” scored an Oscar nomination for its screenplay, the film grossing a solid $288 million at the worldwide box office.
“Kristen and Annie assured me that the film will be a searing and depressing drama, which is what the world needs right now,” said Tom Rothman of TriStar Productions. “So we grabbed it. Perhaps more to the point, these two supremely talented ladies are always ahead of the comedy curve and as we at TriStar push for originality, we are lucky as hell to be in business with them. The chance to hopefully make Kristen’s first film as a director is the cherry on top.”
- Trailer: Ex Machina - March 4, 2015
- Steve Martin joins Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk - March 4, 2015
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher nabs female lead in CBS pilot - February 28, 2015
- Elisabeth Rohm joins Jennifer Lawrence starer - February 28, 2015
- Bruce Lee’s daughter plans biopic about her father - February 28, 2015
- Robert Townsend will helm the latest Brewster’s Millions adaptation - February 28, 2015
- Why James Franco? - February 28, 2015
- Kristen Stewart is a lawyer in indie drama - February 28, 2015
- Adventure Time coming to the big screen - February 28, 2015
- First pic of Eddie Redmayne as a woman - February 28, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.