Gareth Edwards (“Godzilla”) was recently anointed director of an unnamed “Star Wars” spin-off.
Speaking this week at the Beijing Film Academy at his “dream job”, Edwards could only say that, “I am very, very lucky, living in a dream job at the moment. I’m not allowed to talk about it, it’s all very secretive, but it’s a dream come true. Star Wars is the reason I got into film-making, so to be given this opportunity is like a dream… Now the pressure is on.”
Edwards will be joined by screenwriter Gary Whitta on the stand-alone film – set within the “Star Wars” universe, and believed to be fixing on an existing character already well-known to audiences – which is due for release Dec 16, 2016.
Edwards got his big break with the $500,000 flick “Monsters”, released in 2010.
“If I was in the audience at film school, looking at me now, I would hate me. I never could have predicted it this way.”
Via ‘The Hollywood Reporter‘
- Teaser Trailer : The Gallows - April 17, 2015
- Meade, Heizer, Lewis and more board Nerve - April 17, 2015
- Justice League : Gods & Monsters trailer! - April 17, 2015
- Vinnie Chase does Star Wars! - April 17, 2015
- Trailer : Star Wars : The Force Awakens - April 17, 2015
- Trailer : Joe Dirt 2 : Beautiful Loser - April 16, 2015
- What does Charlie Cox think of Affleck’s Daredevil? - April 16, 2015
- Force Awakens character list, Celebration feed - April 16, 2015
- Dragons TV series trailer - April 14, 2015
- Newsroom staffer joins X-Men - April 14, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.