Jared Leto is in talks to replace Will Smith in “Brilliance”, Legendary’s adaptation of the Marcus Sakey novel, says THR.
Julius Onah directs the project, based on a script by “Jurassic Park” scribe David Koepp.
Noomi Rapace also stars in the film.
Sakey’s book takes place in a world where a rare set of people are born with extraordinary abilities and are called “brilliants.”
While talks are still quite early on, if Leto decides to take on the role, he’ll play a federal agent with great hunting gifts who is drafted to hunt down a terrorist, another such brilliant who intends to start a civil war.
Smith quit the film at the end of May, citing scheduling clashes.
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015