Jared Leto is in talks to replace Will Smith in “Brilliance”, Legendary’s adaptation of the Marcus Sakey novel, says THR.
Julius Onah directs the project, based on a script by “Jurassic Park” scribe David Koepp.
Noomi Rapace also stars in the film.
Sakey’s book takes place in a world where a rare set of people are born with extraordinary abilities and are called “brilliants.”
While talks are still quite early on, if Leto decides to take on the role, he’ll play a federal agent with great hunting gifts who is drafted to hunt down a terrorist, another such brilliant who intends to start a civil war.
Smith quit the film at the end of May, citing scheduling clashes.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014