Jared Leto is in talks to replace Will Smith in “Brilliance”, Legendary’s adaptation of the Marcus Sakey novel, says THR.
Julius Onah directs the project, based on a script by “Jurassic Park” scribe David Koepp.
Noomi Rapace also stars in the film.
Sakey’s book takes place in a world where a rare set of people are born with extraordinary abilities and are called “brilliants.”
While talks are still quite early on, if Leto decides to take on the role, he’ll play a federal agent with great hunting gifts who is drafted to hunt down a terrorist, another such brilliant who intends to start a civil war.
Smith quit the film at the end of May, citing scheduling clashes.
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015