Scott Derrickson and C.Robert Cargill are reuniting to pen a big-screen take on ’60s TV classic “The Outer Limits” for MGM, says The Hollywood Reporter.
The series, which ran from 1963 to 1965, was an anthology series that would begin with the words “There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. … ”
Derrickson has admitted to being a huge fan of the show, and he and Cargill will fix on one episode in particular : Harlan Ellison’s “Demon With a Glass Hand”.
That episode told of a man with no memory beyond the last 10 days of his life and a computerized hand who discovers he is from the future. He is being hunted by an alien race who see him as a key to their survival.
Derrickson is also set to direct Marvel’s film adaptation of “Doctor Strange”.
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015