He’s been umming and aaahing about doing it for years; has Sylvester Stallone agreed to make another Rambo flick?
According to a press release on the Splendid Film GmbH’s film acquisition site (via Collider), “Rambo V” is a go with Sly back on starring and screenplay duty, and Avi Lerner reprising his role as producer. The storyline is said to be reminiscent of the Coen’s “No Country for Old Men”, with Rambo (Stallone) going up against the Mexican cartel.
The Mexican cartel storyline was floated several years ago; Stallone said it’d see the gun-toting vet going up against drug cartels and human traffickers – near the border – in an effort to rescue an American girl who had been kidnapped.
The Splendid Film site may simply be running old news. Stallone’s peeps will likely respond to the report in the coming days.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014