Shane Black has been tapped to write and direct a reboot of “Predator” for 20th Century Fox, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Black, who helmed last year’s “Iron Man 3”, is bringing “Monster Squad” director Fred Dekker with him; Dekker will be on screenplay duties.
Black has a long history with the “Predator” franchise. Having written the smash “Lethal Weapon”, Fox asked Black if he’d consider giving the script for the 1987 film – which would star Arnold Schwarzenegger – a polish. Black refused. Fox went back to Black and offered him a small acting role in the movie, hoping that would entice him to help out on the screenplay. Black didn’t end up helping out with the screenplay, but he did end up in the movie – playing one of the title character’s many victims.
Since the film is being billed a ‘reboot’, as opposed to a ‘remake’, there’s a chance Black’s film might share a link with the original- might an Arnold Schwarzenegger cameo be on the cards?
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015