Shane Black has been tapped to write and direct a reboot of “Predator” for 20th Century Fox, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Black, who helmed last year’s “Iron Man 3”, is bringing “Monster Squad” director Fred Dekker with him; Dekker will be on screenplay duties.
Black has a long history with the “Predator” franchise. Having written the smash “Lethal Weapon”, Fox asked Black if he’d consider giving the script for the 1987 film – which would star Arnold Schwarzenegger – a polish. Black refused. Fox went back to Black and offered him a small acting role in the movie, hoping that would entice him to help out on the screenplay. Black didn’t end up helping out with the screenplay, but he did end up in the movie – playing one of the title character’s many victims.
Since the film is being billed a ‘reboot’, as opposed to a ‘remake’, there’s a chance Black’s film might share a link with the original- might an Arnold Schwarzenegger cameo be on the cards?
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015
- Trailer : Unfreedom - April 1, 2015
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015