Shane Black has been tapped to write and direct a reboot of “Predator” for 20th Century Fox, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Black, who helmed last year’s “Iron Man 3”, is bringing “Monster Squad” director Fred Dekker with him; Dekker will be on screenplay duties.
Black has a long history with the “Predator” franchise. Having written the smash “Lethal Weapon”, Fox asked Black if he’d consider giving the script for the 1987 film – which would star Arnold Schwarzenegger – a polish. Black refused. Fox went back to Black and offered him a small acting role in the movie, hoping that would entice him to help out on the screenplay. Black didn’t end up helping out with the screenplay, but he did end up in the movie – playing one of the title character’s many victims.
Since the film is being billed a ‘reboot’, as opposed to a ‘remake’, there’s a chance Black’s film might share a link with the original- might an Arnold Schwarzenegger cameo be on the cards?
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014