Breck Eisner (“Sahara”) has departed Overbrook Entertainment’s “Karate Kid 2″, according to Deadline.
Eisner, who would’ve taken over from “Karate Kid” director Harald Zwart, was forced out due to scheduling difficulties.
Meanwhile, the film – which would reunite Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith – have hired screenwriting team Jeremiah Friedman and Nick Palmer to write the sequel; they replace Ethan Reiff and Cyrus Voris and Zak Penn, who had been briefly attached to pen the film.
Friedman and Palmer were recently hired to pen a remake of “The Bodyguard” for Lin Pictures.
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015