Breck Eisner (“Sahara”) has departed Overbrook Entertainment’s “Karate Kid 2″, according to Deadline.
Eisner, who would’ve taken over from “Karate Kid” director Harald Zwart, was forced out due to scheduling difficulties.
Meanwhile, the film – which would reunite Jackie Chan and Jaden Smith – have hired screenwriting team Jeremiah Friedman and Nick Palmer to write the sequel; they replace Ethan Reiff and Cyrus Voris and Zak Penn, who had been briefly attached to pen the film.
Friedman and Palmer were recently hired to pen a remake of “The Bodyguard” for Lin Pictures.
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015
- Xena, Warrior Princess moving to Salem - January 15, 2015
- New Gunman poster! - January 15, 2015
- Trailer : The Wrecking Crew - January 15, 2015