Tom Hanks will reunite with occasional leading lady Meg Ryan on her directorial debut, “Ithica”.
The Hollywood Reporter says that Hanks – who we’ve known for a while is an executive producer on the film – will play the small role of a father of a family who is already off to war in the movie, which chronicles a family in the lead-up to WWII.
Ryan, who worked with Hanks on “Sleepless in Seattle”, “You’ve Got Mail”, and “Joe Versus the Volcano”, is starring in the movie. Her son Jack Quaid, as well as Melanie Griffith and Sam Shepard are also onboard.
“Ithica” is based on William Saroyan’s 1943 novel “The Human Comedy”.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014