Paramount are yakking to Sarah Polley about directing the feature adaptation of John ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ Green’s debut novel “Looking for Alaska”.
After the success of “The Fault in Our Stars”, which has just passed the $100 million mark, no surprise that there’s intense interest in bringing Green’s back catalog to theaters.
“Looking for Alaska” would be produced by Mark Waters and Jessica Tuchinsky through their Watermark Pictures shingle.
Says Deadline :
The protagonist is 16-year-old Miles Halter, who, after an antiseptic adolescence in Florida, moves to a boarding school in Alabama and learns coming-of-age lessons from his roommate and his beautiful and mysterious best friend, Alaska Young. She enthralls Miles with stories of adventurous and self-destructive behavior — and teaches him to drink, smoke, and plot elaborate pranks against the school’s rich preppies — but despite their adulation for her, they can tell that she is unhappy and perhaps headed for big trouble.
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015
- Trailer : Unfreedom - April 1, 2015
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015