He had to sign a non-disclosure agreement, but Kevin Smith did drop some hints to a festival crowd about what he saw and did while on a recent visit to the set of “Star Wars Episode VII”.
At the Neuchâtel International Fantastic Film Festival in Switzerland on Saturday, Smith gushed – while not spilling anything on the film in specific – about what JJ Abrams is doing with the “Wars”.
“[Abrams] had sent me an email out of the blue while they were shooting in Abu Dhabi last month. So we go to the set and they’re actually shooting, and they’re shooting — and this is what I can’t tell you what they were shooting.
But what I saw I absolutely loved. It was tactile, it wasn’t a series of f—ing green and blue screens in which later on digital characters would be added. It was there it was happening.
I saw uniforms, I saw artillery that I haven’t seen since I was a kid. I saw them shooting an actual sequence in a set that is real — I walked across the set, there were explosions — and it looked like a shot right out of an f–ing Star Wars movie.
[Abrams is] building a tactile world, a world you can touch . And he’s replicating it with all the love of somebody that has the world’s greatest collection of Star Wars figures.”
Smith worked with “Star Wars” actor Mark Hamill on “Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back”.
Via ‘Heat Vision’
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014