He had to sign a non-disclosure agreement, but Kevin Smith did drop some hints to a festival crowd about what he saw and did while on a recent visit to the set of “Star Wars Episode VII”.
At the Neuchâtel International Fantastic Film Festival in Switzerland on Saturday, Smith gushed – while not spilling anything on the film in specific – about what JJ Abrams is doing with the “Wars”.
“[Abrams] had sent me an email out of the blue while they were shooting in Abu Dhabi last month. So we go to the set and they’re actually shooting, and they’re shooting — and this is what I can’t tell you what they were shooting.
But what I saw I absolutely loved. It was tactile, it wasn’t a series of f—ing green and blue screens in which later on digital characters would be added. It was there it was happening.
I saw uniforms, I saw artillery that I haven’t seen since I was a kid. I saw them shooting an actual sequence in a set that is real — I walked across the set, there were explosions — and it looked like a shot right out of an f–ing Star Wars movie.
[Abrams is] building a tactile world, a world you can touch . And he’s replicating it with all the love of somebody that has the world’s greatest collection of Star Wars figures.”
Smith worked with “Star Wars” actor Mark Hamill on “Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back”.
Via ‘Heat Vision’
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015