Dwayne Johnson is in talks to headline the film adaptation of the Robert Ludlum novel “The Janson Directive”. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Universal are hoping to fashion the project into a long-running franchise a’la the “Bourne” series, also inspired by Ludlum novels.
Captivate Entertainment, who controls the late Ludlum’s interests, is producing the film. At this stage, no writer or director are attached.
Janson was published a year after Ludlum’s death in 2001 and told of a ex-Navy Seal and covert ops specialist who now works as a security consultant. When a rescue operation goes south, he is targeted for termination and must go on the run in order to clear his name.
Johnson is already a regular staple of a couple of other franchises, including the “G.I Joe” and “Fast & Furious” series.
- McConaughey, Theron, Mara voicing Kubo and the Two Strings - December 23, 2014
- HBO’s 2015 preview - December 22, 2014
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014