Dwayne Johnson is in talks to headline the film adaptation of the Robert Ludlum novel “The Janson Directive”. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Universal are hoping to fashion the project into a long-running franchise a’la the “Bourne” series, also inspired by Ludlum novels.
Captivate Entertainment, who controls the late Ludlum’s interests, is producing the film. At this stage, no writer or director are attached.
Janson was published a year after Ludlum’s death in 2001 and told of a ex-Navy Seal and covert ops specialist who now works as a security consultant. When a rescue operation goes south, he is targeted for termination and must go on the run in order to clear his name.
Johnson is already a regular staple of a couple of other franchises, including the “G.I Joe” and “Fast & Furious” series.
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015