Robert Redford will play legendary newscaster Dan Rather in the new film “Truth”, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The “Captain America : The Winter Soldier” star joins Cate Blanchett in the movie, an adaptation of the 2005 memoir ‘Truth and Duty: The Press, the President, and the Privilege of Power’, which chronicles ‘the firestorm that erupted in September of 2004 after Rather reported that George W. Bush had received special treatment while serving in the Air National Guard during the Vietnam War, a report that was based on documents that turned out to be forgeries.’ The whole incident was nicknamed ‘Rathergate’.
Blanchett will play Rather’s producer Mary Mapes, who was fired after the incident.
James Vanderbilt (“The Amazing Spider-Man”) is on screenplay duties.
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015