Robert Redford will play legendary newscaster Dan Rather in the new film “Truth”, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The “Captain America : The Winter Soldier” star joins Cate Blanchett in the movie, an adaptation of the 2005 memoir ‘Truth and Duty: The Press, the President, and the Privilege of Power’, which chronicles ‘the firestorm that erupted in September of 2004 after Rather reported that George W. Bush had received special treatment while serving in the Air National Guard during the Vietnam War, a report that was based on documents that turned out to be forgeries.’ The whole incident was nicknamed ‘Rathergate’.
Blanchett will play Rather’s producer Mary Mapes, who was fired after the incident.
James Vanderbilt (“The Amazing Spider-Man”) is on screenplay duties.
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015