“Clan of the Cave Bear”, the Jean M. Auel novel that inspired the 1984 film of the same name, starring Daryl Hannah, is getting a TV redo.
Imagine’s Ron Howard, Brian Grazer and Francie Calfo along with Allison Shearmur (”The Hunger Games: Catching Fire”), Auel and writer Linda Woolverton (”Maleficent”) are collaborating on a pilot for Lifetime. The series would launch in 2015.
“I’ve always admired Jean M. Auel’s timeless work,” said Lifetime GM Rob Sharenow in a statement announcing the news Wednesday. “With the visionary creative team of Ron Howard, Linda Woolverton, Brian Grazer, Alli Shearmur, Jean M. Auel and Francie Calfo behind it, this project has it all — epic storytelling, great characters and a unique world that’s never been explored on television before. This is exactly the type of top-tier creative talent and great stories we embrace at Lifetime.”
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014