The second sequel to early noughties dance drama “Center Stage” is in the works, according to The Tracking Board.
Nisha Ganatra will write and direct the new film, which will, like the 2000 original, be set at the fictional American Ballet Academy in New York City.
The previous sequel, “Center Stage : Turn it Up” was more of a spin-off than sequel, and first aired on an American cable TV channel.
Based on the fact the new film is returning to the scene of the original, and the fact that many of the original’s stars are now readily available for work (that movie starred Amanda Schull, Ethan Stiefel, Sascha Radetsky, Christine and Dunham), it’s no surprise to hear Laurence Mark Productions and Stage 6 Films are eyeing a theatrical release for the new instalment.
Here’s a refresher for those that haven’t completely wiped “Center Stage” from their memories :
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014