Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling are set to star in director Shane Black’s “The Nice Guys”.
Black, director of “Iron Man 3”, penned the script with Anthony Bagarozzi. Set in the 1970’s, it follows two detectives who uncover a criminal conspiracy when investigating the death of a porn star.
In 2011, a staged reading was held which offered this logline:
“In smoggy 1970s Los Angeles, Jackson Healy (muscle-for-hire, recovering alcoholic) and Holland March (private eye, practicing alcoholic) are brought together by the suicide of a fading porn star. Problem is, the dead girl’s aunt is convinced she saw her niece alive and well, AFTER the highly publicized incident. March needs money, takes the case-and within days, it’s blossomed into a far-reaching murder conspiracy, bizarrely rooted in smog and the U.S. auto industry.”
Writing cop films is no new feat for Black who penned the first “Lethal Weapon” film and co-wrote the follow ups in what became a highly successful franchise.
Gosling recently starred in “The Place Beyond The Pines” and “Gangster Squad”. He also made his directorial debut with “Lost River”.
“Noah” star Crowe is also directing, with his historical drama “The Water Diviner” set to bow later this year.
- Rogers boards Life at these Speeds - November 12, 2014
- David, Brewster join Community - November 10, 2014
- Disney skeds Zootopia, Moana - November 10, 2014
- Trailer for Girls‘ fourth season hits! - November 8, 2014
- More Lemony Snicket Coming! - November 6, 2014
- McConaughey moving to Free State - November 6, 2014
- Naomi Watts is Shut In - November 6, 2014
- Laura Dern’s football movie kicks off - November 5, 2014
- Fassbender may play Steve Jobs - November 5, 2014
- Potter conjures up Now You See Me 2 - November 4, 2014
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.