“Better Call Saul” co-creators Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould seem pretty convinced they won’t be relying on cameos from the “Breaking Bad” alumni (“Saul” is a spin-off of the AMC hit, fixing on Bob Odenkirk’s Saul Goodman character) to get ratings.
“These are all characters we love,” said Gould. “Having said that, It’s not a clip show. We try to balance these things out.”
“I don’t think we’re giving anything away to say we’re still figuring this out — including if and when we’ll see some of these characters,” added Gilligan. “We like nonlinear storytelling. I would point you in the direction of anything that was possible on Breaking Bad is possible on Better Call Saul.”
AMC, who’ll air the series in 2015, have released a couple of new images and an official synopsis :
The series is set six years before Saul Goodman meets Walter White. When we meet him, the man who will become Saul Goodman is known as Jimmy McGill, a small-time lawyer searching for his destiny, and, more immediately, hustling to make ends meet. Working alongside, and, often, against Jimmy, is “fixer” Mike Ehrmantraut, a beloved character introduced in ‘Breaking Bad.’ The series will track Jimmy’s transformation into Saul Goodman, the man who puts “criminal” in “Criminal lawyer.” The series’ tone is dramatic, wove with dark humor.
- Trailer : Club Life - April 1, 2015
- Trailer : Unfreedom - April 1, 2015
- Fast & Furious 7 - March 31, 2015
- The Punisher returns for Black Sails - March 25, 2015
- My Name is Earl alum joins Mom - March 14, 2015
- Insurgent track listing - March 3, 2015
- Hawke saddles up for The Magnificent Seven - March 3, 2015
- New Frankenstein series finds it’s monster - March 3, 2015
- From Dusk Till Dawn return date; directors announced - March 3, 2015
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015