Zachary Quinto and Emma Roberts are set to play an ex-boyfriend and a current girlfriend of the same man when they join James Franco in the cast of “Michael”.
Franco will play the titular character Michael Glatze, an anti-gay pastor who was once gay himself. Roberts will play Michael’s girlfriend and Quinto will take on the role of his former boyfriend.
Variety reports that Quinto and Roberts will co-star with Franco in the film that is based on Benoit Denizet-Lewis’s New York Times Magazine article “My Ex-Gay Friend”.
Michael Glatze is now a Christian minister from Wyoming. However the anti-gay pastor was once so entrenched in gay culture that he founded a gay youth magazine.
“This isn’t just a story about an ‘ex-gay,’” said director Justin Kelly. “It’s actually a very relatable story about the power of belief and the desire to belong.”
“I’m excited that everyone involved in this project is intent on telling a story that captures the full breadth of Michael’s unusual life, from the inspiring gay leader I knew when I was young to the Christian pastor he is today,” added Denizet-Lewis.
Franco, Vince Jolivette, Michael Mendelsohn, Ron Singer and Scott Reeve are on board to produce with Gus van Sant serving as exec producer.
Chris Zylka is also attached to the project as another past love interest.
- Rogers boards Life at these Speeds - November 12, 2014
- David, Brewster join Community - November 10, 2014
- Disney skeds Zootopia, Moana - November 10, 2014
- Trailer for Girls‘ fourth season hits! - November 8, 2014
- More Lemony Snicket Coming! - November 6, 2014
- McConaughey moving to Free State - November 6, 2014
- Naomi Watts is Shut In - November 6, 2014
- Laura Dern’s football movie kicks off - November 5, 2014
- Fassbender may play Steve Jobs - November 5, 2014
- Potter conjures up Now You See Me 2 - November 4, 2014
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.