Paramount Pictures has its eyes on Martin Scorsese’s “Silence”.
The studio is in negotiations to buy the U.S. distribution rights to the historical drama about a 17th-century Portuguese Jesuit, Deadline reports.
Andrew Garfield stars as Father Rodrigues who travels to Japan to find the local Christian population driven underground by religious persecution.
Ken Watanabe and Adam Driver also star along with Liam Neeson who plays a priest who arrived in Japan over ten years ago and has gone missing.
“Silence” is an adaptation of one of Japanese novelist Shusaku Endo’s greatest books. Jay Cocks adapted the script.
Irwin Winkler, Randall Emmett and George Furla and Emma Tillinger Koskoff are producing with production expected to begin in Taiwan later this year.
No release date has yet been set.
- Aubrey Plaza joins Efron, Devine & Kendrick in Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates - April 28, 2015
- Adam Wingard will helm manga adaptation Death Note - April 28, 2015
- They Know What Scares You on the new Poltergeist poster - April 28, 2015
- TMNT2 casts a new Shredder - April 28, 2015
- Deadpool writers developing ‘New Coke’ film - April 28, 2015
- Amy Winehouse’s family condemn documentary as “unbalanced” & “misleading” - April 27, 2015
- Trailer: Disney Descendants - April 27, 2015
- Ryan Reynolds is bloodied-up halfway through Deadpool shoot - April 26, 2015
- First look at James McAvoy & Daniel Radcliffe in Victor Frankenstein - April 25, 2015
- Abigail Breslin is a zombie in new Maggie clip - April 25, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.