Paramount Pictures has its eyes on Martin Scorsese’s “Silence”.
The studio is in negotiations to buy the U.S. distribution rights to the historical drama about a 17th-century Portuguese Jesuit, Deadline reports.
Andrew Garfield stars as Father Rodrigues who travels to Japan to find the local Christian population driven underground by religious persecution.
Ken Watanabe and Adam Driver also star along with Liam Neeson who plays a priest who arrived in Japan over ten years ago and has gone missing.
“Silence” is an adaptation of one of Japanese novelist Shusaku Endo’s greatest books. Jay Cocks adapted the script.
Irwin Winkler, Randall Emmett and George Furla and Emma Tillinger Koskoff are producing with production expected to begin in Taiwan later this year.
No release date has yet been set.
- Youtubers Hannah Hart & Grace Helbig are Legendary superheros - February 27, 2015
- Arrow – Flash spinoff in the works - February 27, 2015
- Jack Huston wanted for The Crow remake - February 27, 2015
- Harrison Ford to star in Blade Runner sequel from Prisoners director - February 27, 2015
- Riley Keough to star in The Girlfriend Experience - February 27, 2015
- Thunderbirds Are Go in new pics - February 27, 2015
- Eddie Redmayne is Thomas’ newest friend - February 27, 2015
- Daredevil pics & motion poster - February 27, 2015
- Chris Pratt in Jurassic World images - February 27, 2015
- Trailer: A Little Chaos - February 27, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.