Production has begun on “The Master Cleanse”, Bron Studios and Gilbert Films new fantasy horror comedy that marks the feature debut of writer/director Bobby Miller.
Anna Friel (“Pushing Daisies”), Kyle Gallner (“Dear White People”, “The Haunting in Connecticut”), Kevin J. O’Connor (“The Master”, “There Will Be Blood”) and Oliver Platt (“Chef”) have joined the cast which includes the previously announced Johnny Galecki and Oscar-winner Anjelica Huston. Friel, who stars in the upcoming Peter Horton NBC drama Odyssey, replaces Chloë Sevigny, who had a scheduling conflict.
After holding onto heartbreak for several years, Paul (Galecki) decides to restart his life, joining a spiritual retreat designed to cleanse negative toxins from his body. But things take a turn when Paul and the other participants discover that the cleanse releases something far greater than everyday toxins and traumatic experiences. A soulful and humorous blend of Cronenberg body-horror and old-school Amblin, “The Master Cleanse” asks the all-important question: can we kill our demons before they kill us?
MASTERSFX (“Robocop”) will supply creatures and visual effects for the film.
- Weather report for Florida : Sharknado! - February 20, 2015
- AMC release Mad Men conclusion teaser - February 20, 2015
- Selma - February 8, 2015
- Mann, Baker pick Olive - January 27, 2015
- Constantine coming to the big screen - January 25, 2015
- Will & Grace, Office vets join new Rob Lowe sitcom - January 22, 2015
- The Interview streaming on Crackle, too! - January 22, 2015
- Deadwood fave saddles up for Ray Donovan stint - January 22, 2015
- The Gambler - January 21, 2015
- Julianne Hough to play Sandy in Grease - January 19, 2015