Production has begun on “The Master Cleanse”, Bron Studios and Gilbert Films new fantasy horror comedy that marks the feature debut of writer/director Bobby Miller.
Anna Friel (“Pushing Daisies”), Kyle Gallner (“Dear White People”, “The Haunting in Connecticut”), Kevin J. O’Connor (“The Master”, “There Will Be Blood”) and Oliver Platt (“Chef”) have joined the cast which includes the previously announced Johnny Galecki and Oscar-winner Anjelica Huston. Friel, who stars in the upcoming Peter Horton NBC drama Odyssey, replaces Chloë Sevigny, who had a scheduling conflict.
After holding onto heartbreak for several years, Paul (Galecki) decides to restart his life, joining a spiritual retreat designed to cleanse negative toxins from his body. But things take a turn when Paul and the other participants discover that the cleanse releases something far greater than everyday toxins and traumatic experiences. A soulful and humorous blend of Cronenberg body-horror and old-school Amblin, “The Master Cleanse” asks the all-important question: can we kill our demons before they kill us?
MASTERSFX (“Robocop”) will supply creatures and visual effects for the film.
- McConaughey, Theron, Mara voicing Kubo and the Two Strings - December 23, 2014
- HBO’s 2015 preview - December 22, 2014
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014