Ron Howard will produce an authorized doco on “The Beatles” touring years, it was announced today.
The “Rush” helmer will direct and produce an authorized documentary on the bands touring years between 1960 and 1966, a period which saw the group go from relative unknowns to a world sensation.
Producing with Howard are White Horse Pictures’ Nigel Sinclair, Scott Pascucci and Howard’s producing partner Brian Grazer. Michael Rosenberg of Imagine Entertainment and White Horse’s Guy East will exec produce with Jeff Jones and Jonathan Clyde for Apple Corps. They will produce with the cooperation of Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Yoko Ono Lennon and Olivia Harrison.
The film will consist of a lot of concert footage, some captured on the cameras of fans at the band’s shows. It will also used mixes of sound board recordings, with Howard expecting the finished film to contain anywhere from 12 to 20 songs.
Howard and Sinclair hope to have the film completed and hitting cinemas by the end of 2015.
- Idina Menzel to star in Ellen’s new show? - January 31, 2015
- Nick Cannon directing rom-com Three Little Words - January 31, 2015
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Trailer and New Pics! - January 31, 2015
- Jamie Foxx, Michelle Monaghan to star in Sleepless Night - January 31, 2015
- Jonah Hill, Andrew Mogel, Jarrad Paul to make Vegas Hackers film - January 31, 2015
- Is Focus experiencing A Little Chaos ? - January 30, 2015
- Johnson, Mann, Wilson, Stevens eye How To Be Single - January 30, 2015
- Rachael Taylor is best friend to Jessica Jones - January 30, 2015
- Jay Roach will tame the Mad Dogs - January 29, 2015
- 300: Rise of an Empire helmer to take on heist drama - January 29, 2015
Hawthorn Football Club
Smelly Cat by Phoebe Buffay And The Hairballs
The Hunger Games series
Against the Current
People who emphasize the BE in a statement
People keeping their bare feet to themselves.