Hot on the heels of several new images that have dropped for the film (see below), EW had the chance to talk to some of the film’s main drawcards about how cool a character this ‘Ultron’ fella is.
“A lot of times when Ultron starts talking, it’s beautiful,” explains Chris Evans. “It’s really intelligent stuff. He’s out to do the things he wants to do because he’s disgusted with X, Y, and Z. You could probably sit down with Ultron and have a really intelligent conversation. He could blow your mind with his views.”
Ultron is actually striving for world peace, but goes about it the wrong way.
A line of Ultron’s dialogue in the movie : “I know you’re ‘good’ people,I know you mean well… but you just didn’t think it through… There is only one path to peace… your extermination.”
Ultron starts out as one of Tony Stark’s ‘Iron Legion’, the team of fill-in fighting robots he uses when “Iron Man” can’t be in every place at the same time.
“It’s not the good version that could’ve come from [Stark’s] intellect and personality,” says Chris Hemsworth. “It’s the bad son.”
“They’re on Team Ultron, which makes things really hard for the Avengers because all of sudden they’re dealing with powers that they’re not used to,” director Joss Whedon says. “With the [first] Avengers, everybody pretty much had the power of being able to punch somebody, and now we have a woman who can get inside your head and move objects, and a boy that can move faster than anything, and a robot [Ultron] who can self-replicate and is out of his mind. So all of sudden, it’s a darker, weirder, tougher world that they’re living in.”
“There’s a lot of clashing. He’s quick tempered. He gets agitated. He’s impatient. But he’s super protective,” Aaron Taylor-Johnson said of his character. “They’re very yin-and-yang in that twin sense. In his power, he’s physical and she’s psychological. My character is very much on the frontline, but he can be quite emotional. You see this beautiful tenderness between them.
The outlet also confirmed the inclusion of ‘The Vision’, played by Paul Bettany – the voice of J.A.R.V.I.S..
“It’s not coincidence,” Whedon said. “And I’m not going to tell you any more about The Vision.”
- McConaughey, Theron, Mara voicing Kubo and the Two Strings - December 23, 2014
- HBO’s 2015 preview - December 22, 2014
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014