F. Javier Gutiérrez, the Spanish filmmaker who made a name for himself on the shorts circuit before breaking out with the feature “Before the Fall”, will direct the next installment in “The Ring” franchise.
The second sequel to 2002’s “The Ring” will again be produced by Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald.
The films are based on Japanese franchise “Ringu”, the first in the series directed by Hideo Nakata and adapted from the novel by Kōji Suzuki.
Gutiérrez is also aboard Dimension’s reboot of “The Crow”.
- Merry Christmas Taken fans! - December 17, 2014
- Does Warner have an Aquaman director? - December 15, 2014
- Miami Vice back on the job! - December 15, 2014
- Ryan Gosling for Ghostbusters? - December 15, 2014
- More of Sony’s Spidey plans leak - December 15, 2014
- Old Skywalker talks Star Wars - December 15, 2014
- Kong prequel in 2017, Great Wall movie in 2016 - December 13, 2014
- American Pie duo remaking Japanese horror film - December 13, 2014
- Jennifer Lawrence as a Ghostbuster!? - December 12, 2014
- Sasha Mitchell reprising Kickboxer role - December 12, 2014